Drug & Alcohol Addiction in Phoenix, Arizona
Substance use disorder is a serious medical condition affecting an estimated 20 millions Americans (SAMHSA, 2017). The effects of substance use disorders are wide-ranging and potentially fatal. Alcohol and prescription medications are the two most widely misused substances in Arizona.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported (2019) that since 2007, drug-related deaths have increased 53 percent from 13.6 to 20.8 deaths per 1000,000 population.
- According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, Arizona providers wrote 50.7 opioid prescriptions for every 100 persons in 2018. The same year, 1,106 people died from an opioid-related death.
- Alcohol is the most commonly used substance in Arizona, with 50.9 percent of Arizonians reporting drinking within the past month, and 22.6 percent reporting binge drinking.
- In 2015, Arizona ranked 4th in the US for alcohol-poisoning deaths.
What is a medical detox center and what makes our detox center different?
A medical detox center, or detox facility, is the first step on the continuum of care for substance use disorders, or those struggling with substance misuse.
Medically-monitored detox facilities are a crucial aspect of the recovery process, ensuring patient safety and reducing the risk of complications that might arise from the detox process. Key features of some medical detox centers — although, each vary in the services and safety provided — should have medical supervision, medication to ease withdrawal symptoms, and care on demand. It is critical to find the right center for you and your health needs.
Our Phoenix Detox Center is a cutting edge detox facility paving the way to a higher level of care in Arizona. Our state-of-the-art detox facilities provide all the technological amenities you would expect in a medical facility, but within the comfort and relaxation of an upscale home-like environment.
Who needs a medical detox center?
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), and most reputable medical and clinical professionals in the field of addiction, support the use of detox facilities for those who use substances (like alcohol and other drugs) problematically.
A detox facility can help:
- Provide medication to ease the detox process
- Manage withdrawal symptoms
- Deal with any complications
- Medically supervise detox, monitoring heart rate, blood pressure, temperature, and breathing
- Conduct a thorough behavioral assessment (biopsychosocial assessment)
- Provide recovery support and aftercare planning
- Nausea and vomiting
- Delirium tremens
- Excessive sweating
- Increased heart rate
- Difficulty sleeping
Detox centers in Phoenix, Arizona
Gallus Medical Detox is one of Arizona’s premier detox facilities.
As a destination for care, patients travel to Gallus Medical Detox Centers from across the country, as well as those looking for detox centers in Arizona. We are strategically placed near major airports — in greater Phoenix and greater Denver — and we provide ground transportation to and from our facilities.
Arizona Medical Detox Facility
If you are looking for a detox center near Phoenix Gallus can help. Our Scottsdale medical detox facility is easily accessible, while remaining in a discrete location.
We offer alcohol detox in Arizona and Colorado, however, our patients do travel nationwide to our superior medical detox facilities.
Gallus Medical Detox Centers – Phoenix
4326 N 75th St, Scottsdale, AZ 85251, USA
Q: Are you an inpatient detox center in Arizona?
- Alcohol detox treatment
- Opioid detox treatment
- Benzodiazepine detox treatment
- Stimulant detox treatment (methamphetamine, cocaine, balt salts)
- Polysubstance (more than one drug) detox treatment
- Other drug detox treatments (marijuana, barbiturates, THC, spice, kratom)
Q: How long does detox treatment last?
Q: How often will I be able to see the doctor?
Q: Will I be covered by my insurance?
Call Gallus Medical Detox today and see how we can help! 888-306-3122.