High-dose methadone detox
Detox is a crucial first step in most people’s recovery journey. Detoxifying from addictive substances presents a number of potentially fatal medical risks, psychological challenges, and unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. Gallus Medical Detox provides high-dose methadone detox safely and comfortably.
SAMHSA’s recommendations for detox
“For alcohol, sedative-hypnotic, and opioid withdrawal syndromes, hospitalization or some form of 24-hour medical care is generally the preferred setting for detoxification, based upon principles of safety and humanitarian concerns.”
– SAMHSA Detoxification and Substance Abuse Treatment Improvement Protocol, TIP 45
What is methadone?
Methadone is a potent and long-acting opioid replacement drug. It is usually available in liquid or tablet form. What makes it popular is its long duration of action and powerful effects. Methadone decreases the sensation of pain and diminishes the emotional response to pain. It also impacts the pleasure centers in the brain and creates a false sense of well-being.
Methadone is highly physically addictive, especially when taken in high doses. This often means a person will need to increase their dose to have the desired effects.
How do I know if I need methadone detox?
Methadone can be used primarily to treat opioid use disorder — to overcome an addiction to opioids like heroin, morphine, and codeine — but it is also used to relieve severe to moderate pain.
Like any other drug, it can be misused. Long-term methadone use may lead to the development of tolerance, as well as physical and psychological dependence. Once the body becomes dependent upon the drug, it can be difficult to function normally without it and the person may experience withdrawal effects. Excessive doses may eventually result in respiratory depression.
People may also wish to cease use of this medication and try a different route of sobriety.
The effects of any opioid dependence or substance use disorder are wide-ranging and potentially fatal. These drugs are highly addictive and very difficult to withdraw from without professional medical detox.
There are many reasons why people don’t seek the help they need, including feelings of shame and fear about the process of detoxification. Many fear that detox will be uncomfortable, painful, and even fatal.
The reality is that detoxing from methadone is potentially dangerous without proper medical care. You will know if you need detox by seeking professional medical assistance from a qualified medical provider. Our admissions team would be happy to help advise you as to the best next steps.
Methadone detox and withdrawal symptoms
Without proper medical intervention and an individualized plan, methadone detox can be unpleasant and potentially fatal.
Common methadone detox and withdrawal symptoms may include:
- Muscle aches
- Inability to sleep
- Abdominal cramping
- Excessive sweating
- Nausea and vomiting
- High blood pressure
- Rapid heartbeat
- Difficulty breathing
- Low blood pressure
Those who take a high dose of methadone may experience more intense withdrawal symptoms.
We can help overcome uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms through effective, safe, and comfortable medical detox provided by addiction experts. Our patients are rarely uncomfortable because we provide an individualized plan for each patient and their needs.
Different types of methadone detox centers
There are various types of detox. Not all detox options are the same, either. Many medical detox centers use outdated protocols and oral medications within the confines of psychiatric facilities, leaving patients feeling dehumanized while they stay in a sterile and cold environment.
The Gallus Method of Methadone Detox
Gallus Medical Detox provides the comfort of a residential facility, but with clinical expertise that is far superior to most detox facilities. We offer safe, effective, and personalized treatment. We are so proud of our proprietary method that we named it The Gallus Method.
The key features of Gallus Medical Detox include:
- Individual treatment plans
- Psychological, physical, and social assessments
- IV Therapy Program
- 24/7 medical supervision
- Cardiac telemetry and video technology
- Adjustments to treatment plans to suit our patients’ needs
- An individual recovery plan identifying resources and next steps toward a long-term recovery
We have addiction treatment centers in Arizona and Colorado, with more opening throughout the US this year.
Detox Options for Drugs & Alcohol
Gallus Medical Detox offers the following detox services at all of our centers:
- Opiate detox treatment
- Alcohol detox treatment
- Polysubstance detox treatment
- Benzodiazepine detox treatment
- Stimulant detox treatment
- High-dose methadone detox treatment
- Other drug detox treatment (THC, bath salts, kratom, barbiturates)
What our patients say about Gallus Medical Detox
Our patients are the best judge of the quality of our care. Here is what they have to say:
- “I was hopelessly dependent on opiates for day-to-day living and would have never believed I would become comfortably sober ever again. I simply did not believe it, even as I was reassured by staff that it would happen, until they made it happen. I’ll never forget the people that I met here and the treatment that I received.”
- “I wouldn’t change a thing. This is a 5-star facility!”
- “These are some of the kindest, most compassionate staff I’ve ever met. I truly felt loved, and respected. I would recommend Gallus to anyone with a substance issue.”
- “I cannot express in words my deep appreciation for the kindness and very individualized care delivered by motivated and professional caregivers.”
Call Gallus Medical Detox Centers today and see how we can help you or your loved one take the best first step toward recovery: 866-358-6446.
Alternatively, you may call 866-358-6446 and speak to an admissions customer care specialist.