Buy Neurontin Online
Neurontin(Gabapentin): What Kind of Drug Is It?
Neurontin is used to manage and treat neurological disorders. It contains the active substance Gabapentin, which possesses analgesic and antiepileptic effects. Thanks to several therapeutic actions, Neurontin is effective in treating:
- Peripheral neuropathic pain in adults.
- Various forms of epilepsy in patients older than 3 years of age.
The active substance Gabapentin easily penetrates into the spinal cord or brain, changes the balance of brain chemicals, due to which:
- The number and intensity of seizures minimizes.
- Chronic pain caused by damage or nerve disease alleviates.
What are the dosage forms?
Neurontin is supplied in several dosage forms. All of them contain the active substance Gabapentin and several inactive components. Patients with neurological disorders can be prescribed Neurontin in the form of:
- Solution – 250mg/5ml.
- Tablet – 600 mg or 800 mg.
- Capsule – 100 mg, 300 mg or 400 mg.
Neurontin should be taken orally. Capsules are swallowed whole. Tablets can be swallowed whole or divided into two equal doses. If the tablet has been divided, both halves should be used within 4 weeks after their splitting.
Oral Neurontin solution can be used in children, as well as adults and elderly patients, who find it difficult to swallow tablets or capsules. It can also be used when it is necessary to use non-standard doses of Neurontin.
How much to take for pain?
A single dose of Neurontin 300 mg is most often used in the therapy of peripheral neuropathic pain. Treatment begins with a low dose of Neurontin, which is gradually increased until the required analgesic effect is achieved.
At the beginning of treatment, the dosing schedule should be changed every day:
- In the first day - one dose of 300 mg.
- In the second day - two doses of 300 mg.
- In the third day - three doses of 300 mg.
If the pain does not weaken or does not weakened sufficiently, the daily dose is gradually increased. Typically, doses not exceeding 3600 mg of Neurontin per day are used for the treatment of neuropathic pain.
How much to take for epilepsy?
Different forms of epilepsy usually require long-term treatment. Any dose change should be controlled by a physician. Neurologist or other treating specialist may recommend to patients over 12 years of age to:
- Use a single Neurontin dose of 300 mg three times a day at the beginning of epilepsy.
- Gradually increase the dose, if the patient does not respond to a single dose of 300 mg.
- Use a dose of no more than 3600mg during a 24-hour period.
An optimal antiepileptic effect is achieved when doses are taken at approximately equal intervals (8 hours). The patient should ensure that no more than 12 hours pass between doses.
Use in children
Today, there is enough information to recommend Neurontin (Gabapentin) for the treatment of epilepsy in children older than 3 years of age. The minimum age, at which Neurontin can be used to relieve neuropathic pain, is 18 years.
For the treatment of recurrent epileptic seizures, pediatric patients use:
- The initial dose of 3-5 mg/kg of Neurontin three times a day.
- Supportive daily dose of 40 mg for children of 3 to 4 years.
- Supporting daily dose of 25-35 mg for children of 4 to 12 years.
It should be emphasized that the average effective dose of Neurontin for children under 5 years of age is greater than that for children older than 5 years. Use of such doses allows to reach the required concentration of active substance in blood plasma. If the child is turning 5 years old soon, it is necessary to inform the doctor about this fact.