What to expect from detox
Detox is a crucial first step in your recovery journey. Detoxifying from addictive substances presents a number of potentially fatal medical risks, psychological challenges, and unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. That’s why recovery can be challenging to achieve alone and often necessitates detox interventions.
However, not all detox options are the same. Many medical detox centers use outdated protocols and oral medications within the confines of psychiatric facilities, leaving patients feeling dehumanized while they stay in a sterile and cold environment.
The importance of medical detox
Gallus Medical Detox provides the comfort of a residential facility, but with clinical expertise that is far superior to most detox facilities. We offer safe, effective, and personalized treatment. We are so proud of our proprietary method that we named it The Gallus Method.
What to expect from medical detox
We understand that we are treating people with unique medical and personal needs. The detoxification process can be confusing, frightening, and overwhelming, especially when you are away from your loved ones. Dr. Gallus knows that you could and should receive medical detox services that emphasize your medical safety by providing outstanding professional expertise and efficiency without sacrificing any aspect of your personal dignity or comfort.
The key features of Gallus Medical Detox include:
- Individual treatment plans
- Psychological, physical, and social assessments
- IV Therapy Program
- 24/7 medical supervision
- Cardiac telemetry and video technology
- Adjustments to treatment plans to suit our patients’ needs
- An individual recovery plan identifying resources and next steps toward a long-term recovery
Detox Options for Drugs & Alcohol
Gallus Medical Detox offers the following detox services at all of our centers:
- Opiate detox treatment
- Alcohol detox treatment
- Polysubstance detox treatment
- Benzodiazepine detox treatment
- Stimulant detox treatment
- High-dose methadone detox treatment
- Other drug detox treatment (THC, bath salts, kratom, barbiturates)
Frequently asked questions about medical detox
You may have a number of questions about detox: the process, insurance coverage, how often you’ll see the doctor, what you’re allowed to bring, and how long you’ll be at our facility. We have outlined answers to these questions in our frequently asked questions page.
Many of our patients are executives and individuals with busy lives. We understand that work or commitments may continue through this process, which is why we allow electronic devices and cell phones so that you can keep connected and meet your commitments.
At Gallus you can rest assured that we treat our patients with the compassion and respect they deserve. We believe that there is dignity in healing.
Aftercare treatment options
Detox is just the beginning of a long journey in recovery. While you’ve taken the best first step with our medical detox, we want to give you every chance of success in long-term recovery. That’s why we provide all patients with a comprehensive biopsychosocial assessment that identifies next steps in their recovery and additional support, as well as a comprehensive discharge plan and guidelines.
Our aftercare planning page provides many recovery resources that can be used to support the goal of long-term recovery.
What our patients say about Gallus Medical Detox
We strive to be a center of excellence for medical detox treatment. Nothing makes us happier than when clients tell us about the positive changes that have happened in their lives as a result of treatment with us. We hope these patient testimonials can serve as a source of encouragement and inspiration to others needing relief from drugs and alcohol.
- “The staff was extremely helpful! They did such a great job keeping me comfortable during my detox. For having a 2½-gram-a-day heroin addiction I barely had any withdrawal symptoms. It was an amazing stay under the circumstances.”
- “I couldn’t think of a better place to go to get clean and sober. This place provides an unmatched level of comfort and the staff here is second to none!”
- “My stay at Gallus was the best experience. I have stayed at other detox centers, and this one is 100 percent better. The staff is incredible!”
Call us today to take the best first step toward achieving recovery, comfortably: 866-358-6446
Get a free initial assessment
Alternatively, you may call 866-358-6446 and speak to an admissions customer care specialist.