Detox is a crucial first step in most people’s recovery journey. Detoxifying from addictive substances presents a number of potentially fatal medical risks, psychological challenges, and unpleasant withdrawal symptoms.
What is Ritalin?
Ritalin is a stimulant medication containing methylphenidate. It is used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and narcolepsy, and is prescribed by a physician. It can also be used illicitly.
Like other stimulants, Ritalin affects the body’s central nervous system and enhances neurotransmitter activity in the brain. Stimulants increase alertness, attention and focus, motivation and energy. Ritalin can also reduce appetite.
Adverse effects of Ritalin include elevated blood pressure, heart rate, psychosis, and body temperature. Stimulants have caused stroke, heart attack and sudden death in people with high blood pressure.
Prolonged use of Ritalin can lead to tolerance, dependence, addiction, and a number of negative and potentially harmful effects.
How do I know if I need Ritalin detox?
A Ritalin detox program is used to treat individuals who are struggling with substances or addiction and may meet the diagnostic criteria for substance use disorder.
Substance use disorder is a serious medical condition affecting an estimated 20 million Americans (SAMHSA, 2017). The effects of substance use disorders are wide-ranging and potentially fatal.
Ritalin is addictive and can be challenging to withdraw from without professional medical detox. Effects of sudden withdrawal can include the risk of suicidal thoughts, depression, and seizures.
There are many reasons why people don’t seek the help they need, including feelings of shame and fear about the process of detoxification. Many fear that detox will be uncomfortable, painful, and even fatal.
The reality is that detoxing from Ritalin is challenging without proper medical care. You will know if you need detox by seeking professional medical assistance from a qualified medical provider. Our admissions team would be happy to help advise you as to the best next steps.
Ritalin detox and withdrawal symptoms
Depending on the severity and frequency of use, detoxing from Ritalin may cause withdrawal symptoms, including:
- Feeling irritable
- Difficulty functioning without the drug
- Increased appetite
- Loss of motivation
We can help overcome uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms through effective, safe, and comfortable medical detox provided by addiction experts. Our patients are rarely uncomfortable because we provide an individualized plan for each patient and their needs.
Different types of Ritalin detox centers
There are various types of detox. Not all detox options are the same, either. Many medical detox centers use outdated protocols and oral medications within the confines of psychiatric facilities, leaving patients feeling dehumanized while they stay in a sterile and cold environment.
The Gallus Method of Ritalin Detox
Gallus Medical Detox provides the comfort of a residential facility, but with clinical expertise that is far superior to most detox facilities. We offer safe, effective, and personalized treatment. We are so proud of our proprietary method that we named it The Gallus Method.
The key features of Gallus Medical Detox include:
- Individual treatment plans
- Psychological, physical, and social assessments
- IV Therapy Program
- 24/7 medical supervision
- Cardiac telemetry and video technology
- Adjustments to treatment plans to suit our patients’ needs
- An individual recovery plan identifying resources and next steps toward a long-term recovery
We have addiction treatment centers in Arizona and Colorado, with more opening throughout the US this year.
Detox Options for Drugs & Alcohol
Gallus Medical Detox offers the following detox services at all of our centers:
- Stimulant detox treatment: cocaine, methamphetamine, Adderall, Ritalin, and bath salts
- Opiate detox treatment
- Alcohol detox treatment
- Polysubstance detox treatment
- Benzodiazepine detox treatment
- High-dose methadone detox treatment
- Other drug detox treatment (THC, bath salts, kratom, barbiturates)
What our patients say about Gallus Medical Detox
Our patients are the best judge of the quality of our care. Here is what they have to say:
- “This place is nothing short of exceptional!”
- “These are some of the kindest, most compassionate staff I’ve ever met. I truly felt loved, and respected. I would recommend Gallus to anyone with a substance issue.”
- “I’ll be forever in your debt. I want to thank you so much. The people at work were the most caring — they’re concerned about your individual treatment plans and I couldn’t ask for anything better than that. You guys literally saved my life. Thank you so much.”
Call Gallus Medical Detox Centers today and see how we can help you or your loved one take the best first step toward recovery: 866-358-6446.
Alternatively, you may call 866-358-6446 and speak to an admissions customer care specialist.