Detox is a crucial first step in your recovery journey. Detoxifying from addictive substances presents a number of potentially fatal medical risks, psychological challenges, and unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. That’s why recovery can be challenging to achieve alone and often necessitates detox interventions. This blog explores detox options and why it is important to carefully choose the right detox for you or your family member.
SAMHSA’s recommendations for detox
““For alcohol, sedative-hypnotic, and opioid withdrawal syndromes, hospitalization or some form of 24-hour medical care is generally the preferred setting for detoxification, based upon principles of safety and humanitarian concerns.”
However, not all detox options are the same. Many medical detox centers use outdated protocols and oral medications within the confines of psychiatric facilities, leaving patients feeling dehumanized while they stay in a sterile and cold environment.
The Gallus Method of Detox
Gallus Medical Detox provides the comfort of a residential facility, but with clinical expertise that is far superior to most detox facilities. We offer safe, effective, and personalized treatment. We are so proud of our proprietary method that we named it The Gallus Method.
The key features of Gallus Medical Detox include:
- Individual treatment plans
- Psychological, physical, and social assessments
- IV Therapy Program
- 24/7 medical supervision
- Cardiac telemetry and video technology
- Adjustments to treatment plans to suit our patients’ needs
- An individual recovery plan identifying resources and next steps toward a long-term recovery
We have addiction treatment centers in Arizona and Denver, with more opening throughout the US this year.
Detox Options for Drugs & Alcohol
Gallus Medical Detox offers the following detox services at all of our centers:
What our patients say about Gallus Medical Detox
Our patients are the best judge of the quality of our care. Here is what they have to say:
- “From the first ‘hello’ when I finally gathered the courage to call, I knew I made the right choice. I’ve felt cared for and cared about. The staff proactively made my detox as comfortable as possible. When I started freaking out about where I was going to go after I finished detox, they worked with me to figure out my next step. I’ll be forever grateful to the entire staff!”
- “I cannot express in words my deep appreciation for the kindness and very individualized care delivered by motivated and professional caregivers.”
- “I’ll be forever in your debt. I want to thank you so much. The people at work were the most caring — they’re concerned about your individual treatment plans and I couldn’t ask for anything better than that. You guys literally saved my life. Thank you so much.”
- “My stay at Gallus was the best experience. I have stayed at other detox centers, and this one is 100 percent better. The staff is incredible.”
Alternatively, you may call 866-358-6446 and speak to an admissions customer care specialist.