Detox is a crucial first step in most people’s recovery journey. Detoxifying from addictive substances presents a number of potentially fatal medical risks, psychological challenges, and unpleasant withdrawal symptoms.
What is Ambien?
Ambien is the brand name of the drug zolpidem. It belongs to a class of drugs called sedative hypnotics. A powerful drug, Ambien is prescribed by physicians to help people suffering with chronic insomnia.
Ambien interacts with chemicals in the brain to slow down the central nervous system. Used in small doses, Ambien can help people fall asleep. However, it is only to be prescribed for short periods, and it is addictive and prone to misuse.
The side effects of taking Ambien include tiredness, problems with movement and memory, dizziness, light-headedness, loss of coordination, headache, muscle pain, low blood pressure, stuffy nose or throat irritation, nausea, constipation, and diarrhea.
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, Ambien may cause dependence. Therefore, stopping Ambien use may result in withdrawal symptoms. Stopping abruptly may also result in seizures.
How do I know if I need Ambien detox?
An Ambien detox program is used to treat individuals who are struggling with substances or addiction and may meet the diagnostic criteria for substance use disorder.
Substance use disorder is a serious medical condition affecting an estimated 20 million Americans (SAMHSA, 2017). The effects of substance use disorders are wide-ranging and potentially fatal.
Ambien is addictive and can be challenging to withdraw from without professional medical detox. Effects of sudden withdrawal can include the risk of seizure, rebound insomnia, and intense cravings.
There are many reasons why people don’t seek the help they need, including feelings of shame and fear about the process of detoxification. Many fear that detox will be uncomfortable, painful, and even fatal.
The reality is that detoxing from Ambien is challenging without proper medical care. You will know if you need detox by seeking professional medical assistance from a qualified medical provider. Our admissions team would be happy to help advise you as to the best next steps.
Ambien detox and withdrawal symptoms
Depending on the severity and frequency of use, detoxing from Lunesta may cause withdrawal symptoms, including:
- Mood swings
- Vivid dreams or nightmares
- Impaired memory
- Nausea and vomiting
- Panic attacks
- Severe cravings
We can help overcome uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms through effective, safe, and comfortable medical detox provided by addiction experts. Our patients are rarely uncomfortable because we provide an individualized plan for each patient and their needs.
Different types of Ambien detox centers
There are various types of detox. Not all detox options are the same, either. Many medical detox centers use outdated protocols and oral medications within the confines of psychiatric facilities, leaving patients feeling dehumanized while they stay in a sterile and cold environment.
The Gallus Method of Ambien Detox
Gallus Medical Detox provides the comfort of a residential facility, but with clinical expertise that is far superior to most detox facilities. We offer safe, effective, and personalized treatment. We are so proud of our proprietary method that we named it The Gallus Method.
The key features of Gallus Medical Detox include:
- Individual treatment plans
- Psychological, physical, and social assessments
- IV Therapy Program
- 24/7 medical supervision
- Cardiac telemetry and video technology
- Adjustments to treatment plans to suit our patients’ needs
- An individual recovery plan identifying resources and next steps toward a long-term recovery
We have addiction treatment centers in Arizona and Colorado, with more opening throughout the US this year.
Detox Options for Drugs & Alcohol
Gallus Medical Detox offers the following detox services at all of our centers:
- Stimulant detox treatment: cocaine, methamphetamine, Adderall, Ritalin, and bath salts
- Opiate detox treatment
- Alcohol detox treatment
- Polysubstance detox treatment
- Benzodiazepine detox treatment
- High-dose methadone detox treatment
- Other drug detox treatment (THC, bath salts, kratom, barbiturates)
What our patients say about Gallus Medical Detox
Our patients are the best judge of the quality of our care. Here is what they have to say:
- “This place is nothing short of exceptional!”
- “These are some of the kindest, most compassionate staff I’ve ever met. I truly felt loved, and respected. I would recommend Gallus to anyone with a substance issue.”
- “I’ll be forever in your debt. I want to thank you so much. The people at work were the most caring — they’re concerned about your individual treatment plans and I couldn’t ask for anything better than that. You guys literally saved my life. Thank you so much.”
Call Gallus Medical Detox Centers today and see how we can help you or your loved one take the best first step toward recovery: 866-358-6446.
Get a free initial assessment
Alternatively, you may call 866-358-6446 and speak to an admissions customer care specialist.