When you are addicted to drugs or alcohol your body develops a physical dependence and your brain a chemical dependence. Because of this dependence, attempting to quit “cold turkey” not only often fails but can also cause dangerous health risks. That’s where medically supervised detoxification plays a major role. The First Step to Recovery Medical detoxification removes poisonous toxins from your body in a safe and professional environment. While the extent and severity of your withdrawal symptoms will vary depending on your circumstances, a medical detox facility can help alleviate and reduce them in a safe and professional environment. How Does Medical Detox Help?Enrolling in a medical detox program increases the likelihood you will successfully kick your addiction. Detoxification benefits the patient by providing several things not readily available when you try to quit on your own.
- A Team of Medical Professionals – At Gallus detox, we have board-certified physicians, registered nurses and addiction psychologists on staff ready to help. They have years of experience helping patients recover from addictions.
- Physical and Psychological Assessments – Our team of medical professionals will perform a variety of assessments in order to accurately determine your ability to undergo our program. We measure and monitor your mental state, vital signs and perform a physical examination.
- Customized Plan – No two addictions are alike. Therefore, our team of medical professionals will use your assessments and personal situation to craft a medical detox plan specifically for you. We take your health seriously.
- Effective Treatment – We utilize IV-based medication therapy. In our years of medical experience, we have found this method to be the only safe and effective way to administer medication for withdrawal symptoms.
- Dedicated Facility – To help the recovery process, we believe it is helpful to remove you from your circumstances. You will be treated by our trained medical professionals at our dedicated detox facility, located in a serene and beautiful pine forest in Prescott, Arizona.
- Constant Monitoring – Once a plan is in place and treatment has begun, our experienced staff will closely monitor your situation to make sure you remain safe. While at our facility, our medical personnel are available 24/7 to help meet your needs.
- Privacy & Confidentiality – At Gallus Detox, we want to make sure you are treated with respect and compassion. We understand the delicate nature of recovering from addiction and we handle your privacy with extreme importance.
Medical detoxification is the first step to a successful recovery from your drug or alcohol addiction. Detox allows you to deal with your addiction and withdrawal symptoms in a safe and medically supervised setting. If you or a loved one are ready to take the first step to an addiction-free life, contact Gallus Detox today.