Job title: Physician
Location: various locations nationwide
Gallus Medical Detox Centers (GMDC) is a successful, growing medical practice that provides in-patient, doctor-supervised medical detoxification services to patients suffering from substance use disorders, primarily drug (opiates, Benzodiazepine, Methadone) and alcohol addictions. The company’s vision is to be the best, first step in overcoming substance use disorders for all patients needing medical detox services. The Gallus Method encompasses evidence-based protocols, delivered by outstanding medical professionals, enabling safe, comfortable and effective detox treatment, for a best in class customer experience.
The Gallus Detox Centers are Joint Commission accredited facilities. Our AZ Center has served thousands of patients in eight years of operation. The company is moving into a growth phase where it will be expanding its geographic footprint by opening several new facilities. We recently opened our Denver location in early 2020.
We are looking for empathetic, passionate, and genuinely nice, team members who are committed to collaboration and delivering the best possible care. We offer competitive benefits, care specific educational reimbursement, and probably the best clinical team and customer care focused work environment you’ll ever experience.
Provide the full scope of medical detox services, including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment and coordination of care to patients eighteen (18) years of age and above. In addition, the Physician is a member of the Gallus Detox Scottsdale team. In that capacity he/she is expected to be familiar with the philosophy, goals and objectives of Gallus Detox Scottsdale and work collaboratively to achieve them. He/she must be cognizant of, and comply with, all facility policies and procedures, as well as pertinent state and federal regulations.
- Obtain health history and perform physical examination for each patient within 24 hours of admission and document in Kipu
- Review incoming reports (e.g. lab, x-ray, EKG) and follow-up in a timely manner
- Diagnose and direct medical care for each patient on a plan for treatment
- Assess each patient daily, and document progress note in Kipu
- Prescribe medication in accordance with the Gallus Method and professional practice guidelines
- Arrange referral for patients requiring services not offered at Gallus Detox Scottsdale
- Comply with Infection Control policy which includes personally utilizing universal precautions
- Maintain neutrality in regards to 12-step vs. non 12-step substance abuse treatment modalities
- Maintains current knowledge of medical procedures, methods, and techniques utilized in the medical detox setting
- Participates, when necessary, in family meetings and similar activities to promote optimal care
- Possession of a medical degree from an accredited school of medicine
- A current license as a physician in the state of Arizona
- Current D.E.A. Certificate
- Suboxone DEA within 180 days
- At least two years of experience in an acute care setting
- Basic knowledge of substance abuse and detoxification
- Ability to recognize and treat medical disorders within the detox specialty
- Ability to communicate effectively with others
How to apply
Please send your resume and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and qualifications, and at least two to three dates and times when you are available for telephone screening.
Applicants to email: [email protected]
Alternatively, you may call 866-358-6446 and speak to an admissions customer care specialist.