Director of Nursing
Title: Director of Nursing
Location: Various locations throughout the US
Reports to: Chief Medical Officer
Company: Gallus Medical Detox Centers (GMDC) is a successful, growing medical practice that provides in-patient, doctor-supervised medical detoxification services to patients suffering from substance use disorders, primarily drug (opiates, Benzodiazepine, Methadone) and alcohol addictions. The company’s vision is to be the best, first step in overcoming substance use disorders for all patients needing medical detox services. The Gallus Method encompasses evidence-based protocols, delivered by outstanding medical professionals, enabling safe, comfortable and effective detox treatment, for a best in class customer experience.
The Gallus Detox Centers are Joint Commission accredited facilities. The AZ Center has served thousands of patients in eight years of operation. The company is moving into a growth phase where it will be expanding its geographic footprint by opening several new facilities.
We are looking for empathetic, passionate, and genuinely nice, team members who are committed to collaboration and delivering the best possible care. We offer competitive benefits, care specific educational reimbursement, and probably the best clinical team and customer care focused work environment you’ll ever experience.
Responsible for managing, planning, organizing and directing the overall operations and patient care provided in a stand-alone Joint Commission accredited, seven-bed inpatient medical detox facility. Ensures delivery and compliance with patient care quality standards. Responsible for hiring, managing, training and assuring competency of all facility personal (~25). Assists in formulating the budget and maintains efficient and effective departmental operations. Assures compliance with all state, federal and local regulations and JCAHO standards. Reports clinically to the Chief Medical Officer and managerially to the president.
- Promotes the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Plans and coordinates the clinic’s physical infrastructure to ensure optimal efficiency. Serving as the primary point of contact, overseeing and evaluating operations including building/grounds repairs, shipping/receiving, contracted custodial services, courier services, etc.
- Responsible for supervision of Registered Nurses, the behavioral health staff, and independent contractors (Pharmacist, dietician, massage therapists).
- Provides regular feedback to employees and independent contractors, implementing plans of correction when needed.
- Understands the scope of practice for RNs, LISACs and unlicensed personnel, and assures all staff are operating within their scope.
- Monitor patient volumes, quality of care, and performance of staff to identify areas for improvement.
- Coordinates and supervises activities such as immunizations, staff meetings, etc.
- Maintains required competencies for self and all employees within the department.
- Works as an RN or Tech as needed, in order to maintain adequate staffing levels to meet patient care needs and regulatory guidelines.
- Works directly with corporate staff, Physicians, Clinical Director, Education Director, and Admissions Director to assure patients receive complete services in accordance with their own individual treatment plan .
- Monitors and maintains supply of medical supplies and pharmaceuticals.
- Maintains all required documentation of pharmaceuticals as per DEA, State and JCAHO regulations.
- Monitors patient satisfaction scores and implements plans to improve them
- Responsible for the ongoing quality/performance improvement processes related to patient care.
- Responsible for investigating patient, physician and staff complaints and concerns, and works to resolve them.
- Actively participates in Quality Management Committee (QMC) and ensures that regular monitors are conducted and reported on.
- Demonstrates critical thinking, reflection, and problem solving.
- Works effectively as a team member with Directors, Providers, and Management, advocating across departments to benefit both patients and staff.
- Follows through on commitments; accepts responsibility for personal actions and adapts to change.
- Takes initiative and takes on responsibilities to improve clinic functions and procedures with evidenced based practice when directed.
- Requires minimal supervision and guidance, utilizing independent and collaborative judgment in decision-making.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work issues properly.
- Must possess experience in verbal and written communications, clinical information systems, as well as detailed nursing documentation in an EMR.
- Exhibits good interpersonal skills to interact with a multitude of different situations, demonstrating tact and diplomacy in interpersonal interactions.
- In depth knowledge of behavioral health standards of care and regulatory issues as well as the financial environment of health care esp. behavioral health.
- Holds a current RN license in the state of Arizona.
- BSN, Masters degree a plus
- Knowledge of insurance pre-certification, case management, EMR, CRM systems, knowledge of Kipu Health EMR a plus.
- Current CPR and ACLS certification.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Emergency Room or ICU/CCU setting
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an inpatient medical detox setting.
- Clinical management/supervisory experience of staff of more than 20 people.
- Experience with Joint Commission accreditation.
- Budget responsibility of $2MM+.
Full time with competitive compensation and benefits package
Job Type: Full-time
How to apply
Please send your resume and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and qualifications, and at least two to three dates and times when you are available for telephone screening.
Applicants to email: [email protected]
Alternatively, you may call 866-358-6446 and speak to an admissions customer care specialist.