Customer Care Admissions Specialist
Title: Customer Care Specialist, Admissions
Location: Denver, Colorado and various locations nationwide
Reports to: Director of Admissions
Gallus Medical Detox Centers (GMDC) is a successful, growing medical practice that provides in-patient, doctor-supervised medical detoxification services to patients suffering from substance use disorders, primarily drug (opiates, Benzodiazepine, Methadone) and alcohol addictions. The company’s vision is to be the best, first step in overcoming substance use disorders for all patients needing medical detox services. The Gallus Method encompasses evidence-based protocols, delivered by outstanding medical professionals, enabling safe, comfortable and effective detox treatment, for a best in class customer experience.
The Gallus Detox Centers are Joint Commission accredited facilities. The AZ Center has served thousands of patients in eight years of operation. The company is moving into a growth phase where it will be expanding its geographic footprint by opening several new facilities. We recently opened our Denver facility earlier this year.
We are looking for empathetic, passionate, and genuinely nice, team members who are committed to collaboration and delivering the best possible care. We offer competitive benefits, care specific educational reimbursement, and probably the best clinical team and customer care focused work environment you’ll ever experience.
The Customer Care Specialist (CCS) plays a leading role in the customer journey. As the first point of contact for prospective patients, referring providers and admissions teams, the CCS embodies The Gallus Method. The CCS is responsible for managing and facilitating the intake, admission, financial and after care processes. A genuine balance of empathy, kindness and strong organizational skills are required.
The CCS will plan, organize, and coordinate the daily admissions and bed management for all Gallus Detox facilities. Additionally, this person will be a liaison with other behavioral health facilities, psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, physicians and other health care professionals to plan and deliver care using a multidisciplinary patient-centered approach.
This position will be part of the sales and marketing team and will work closely with the president and other team members to ensure the admissions process is testimonial worthy.
The company is looking for someone who is comfortable talking on the phone with prospective patients who are often in emotionally distraught situations. Working from home scenarios may be considered for applicants who have significant experience.
- Professionally and memorably represent the GMDC brand and mission
- Coordinate patients’ admissions, discharges, transportation, financial transactions (verification of benefits, financing if needed, and deposit), aftercare follow-up.
- Participate in daily huddle meetings with admissions team and nursing staff;
- Facilitate Monday admissions meeting to cover weekend calls and current week plans for success;
- Adhere strictly to daily tasks, defined processes and routines;
- Communicate with medical biller to provide all requested information for insurance verification, pre-certification, utilization review and discharge;
- Submit and interpret insurance information and verifications;
- Explain the Gallus Detox Method and be able to answer questions;
- Act with empathy, compassion, kindness, and effective listening to patient and family concerns;
- Willingness to take after-hour and weekend calls and emails regarding admissions.
The company is looking for someone who likes to be part of a high performing team, wants to be held accountable for significant results and likes building honest relationships so that they can hold teammates accountable in a proper and respectful manner.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook) and MS Windows-based software
- Experience with CRM software, KIPU, Salesforce or similar.
- Outstanding achievement in customer service.
- Knowledge of and background in behavioral health, specifically substance misuse preferred but not required
- Minimum of 3-years sales and / or admissions experience
- Competitive, collaborative and team oriented. Ability to interface with clinical outreach and digital/social team members. Wants to be part of a winning team
- Someone who takes their responsibilities very seriously, but does not take themselves seriously
- Accountable, mission driven, curious and results oriented.
Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits package
Job Type: Full-time
How to apply
Please send your resume and a cover letter which details your relevant experience and qualifications, and at least two to three dates and times when you are available for telephone screening.
Applicants to email: [email protected]
Get a free initial assessment
Alternatively, you may call 866-358-6446 and speak to an admissions customer care specialist.