Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Location: Littleton, Colorado (Denver Suburb) & Scottsdale, Arizona
Reports to: Director of Nursing
Note: this position is called a Behavioral Health Technician in Arizona and this job description relates to both positions.
Gallus Medical Detox Centers (GMDC) is a successful, growing medical practice that provides in-patient, doctor-supervised medical detoxification services to patients suffering from substance use disorders, primarily drug (opiates, Benzodiazepine, Methadone) and alcohol addictions. The company’s vision is to be the best, first step in overcoming substance use disorders for all patients needing medical detox services. The Gallus Method encompasses evidence-based protocols, delivered by outstanding medical professionals, enabling safe, comfortable and effective detox treatment, for a best in class customer experience.
The Gallus Detox Centers are Joint Commission accredited facilities. The AZ Center has served thousands of patients in eight years of operation. We recently opened our Denver location in early 2020. The company is moving into a growth phase where it will be expanding its geographic footprint by opening several new facilities.
We are looking for empathetic, passionate, and genuinely nice, team members who are committed to collaboration and delivering the best possible care. We offer competitive benefits, care specific educational reimbursement, and probably the best clinical team and customer care focused work environment you’ll ever experience.
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) will play a crucial role in the patient care at Gallus Detox facilities. One of the distinguishing factors of Gallus Detox Facilities is the exceptional, individualized therapeutic care patients receive. It is the therapeutic care team who sets this standard. A balance of empathy, kindness and strong work ethic is a must.
As part of the therapeutic care team, the CNA will provide clinical support to patients as they progress through the medical detoxification process. The CNA performs a variety of tasks on a one-on-one basis, assisting patients with basic physical and emotional needs. They will contribute to and create a recovery-based environment, set appropriate boundaries, plan and implement daily activities and ensure that these activities do not interfere with detox objectives.
Additionally, the CNA provides basic nursing care to patients and will be responsible for an established set of daily tasks involved in the operation of a 24-hour care facility.The company is looking for someone who is comfortable working with patients who are often in emotionally distraught situations.
- Vital sign monitoring
- Telemetry monitoring
- Physical care / assistance with daily living activities
- Ensuring patient safety
- Laundering linens
- Maintaining cleanliness of the facility, tidying patient rooms
- Checking and logging refrigeration temperatures
- Inventory management of the supply room
- Participation in Quality Management / Performance Improvement committees as assigned
- Participation in staff meetings, in-service education and behavioral health trainings to stay current with new trends in detox methods
The company is looking for someone who likes to be part of a high performing team, wants to be held accountable for significant results and likes building honest relationships so that they can hold teammates accountable in a proper and respectful manner.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 2 years work experience in a hospital or clinic setting, experience in the substance use disorder (SUD) or the behavioral health field preferred
- Have, or within 6 months of hire obtain, knowledge of basic crisis intervention techniques, de-escalation methods and defusing techniques to prevent violent patient behavior that is harmful to self or others
- Knowledge of and background in behavioral health, specifically substance abuse preferred but not required
- Current CPR certification
- Excellent customer service
- Proficient with medical record documentation, able to document relevant information about patients’ activities
- Likes solving problems
- Someone with a desire to be part of a detoxification team dedicated to providing patients with exceptional therapeutic care; who takes their responsibilities very seriously, but does not take themselves seriously
- Knows what it takes to be an effective team player
This position may require duties including lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds, pushing and pulling more than 100 pounds, as well as frequent standing, walking, balancing, stooping, bending, kneeling and reaching. Good visual and auditory acuity as well as good manual dexterity and the ability to be readily understood are essential. Applicants must be able to work in a stressful environment. CNAs may be exposed to biohazards and chemicals as outlined in the Infection Control, Safety, and MSDS Manuals and to other hazards.
Full time with competitive compensation and benefits package.
How to apply
Please send your resume and a cover letter which details your relevant experience, including confirmation that you hold a CNA certificate, and at least two to three dates and times when you are available for telephone screening.
For Colorado applicants email: [email protected]
For Arizona applicants email: [email protected]
Alternatively, you may call 866-358-6446 and speak to an admissions customer care specialist.