Questions to Compare Alcohol Detox &
Drug Detox Facilities
First, when talking with any detox center, notice how they make you feel. Do you feel they truly care? Do you feel they genuinely want to help you or your loved one? Do you feel you can trust them? In essence, do you feel they are nice people? If the answer to any of these questions is "no," that is not the detox facility for you.
"I came here a hopeless alcoholic with a rapidly growing dependency on prescription narcotics. I left a hopeful alcoholic with better medication and a plan. They care…" - Read more of our patients say—their own detox success stories—about how fearful they had been of detoxing and withdrawal, how safe and cared for they felt with our team, and how that experience has changed their lives.
Questions you should ask when considering any detox center:
- Does the facility use every available technology to ensure your safety? (This should include both cardiac and video monitoring 24/7.)
- Is the nursing staff qualified by emergency/intensive/critical care standards (ICU level) or are they psychiatric based? Or even NO nurses on staff at all?
- Does the detox center use IV-based medications to ensure adequate bioavailability and safety or do they place you at risk by using inexpensive and potentially harmful oral medications?
- Does the facility infringe upon your basic rights to speak freely and maintain open communication with your loved ones, friends or work?
- Is the facility located in a psychiatric hospital, a non-medical facility or is it an actual medical detox center?
- Do they make claims that are physiologically impossible like being able to expel long-term opiate use in a matter of hours?
- Does the facility made every effort to ensure your physical and emotional comfort or do they feel some pain and humiliation would do you good?
- Concerning extended care options, does the detox center believe that one size fits all?
- Is the detox facility affiliated with a specific residential treatment facility so offering you no other options for after-detox care?
- If you are critically ill can the detox center staff save your life in a matter of minutes?
- In the event of the need for hospital care does the center have a professional relationship or "transfer agreement" with the nearest hospital?
- Does the detox center have upscale private rooms or will you have to share a room with one for more patients?
- In addition to IV-medications to alleviate withdrawal symptoms moment by moment, does the detox center also offer upscale amenities to make you more comfortable like gourmet meals, HD-TV, Wifi and massage?
- Would you consider the potential detox facility world class center or just another detox clinic?
- Finally, as mentioned earlier, do you feel they care about and respect you?
If you or your loved one are suffering from alcoholism, drug addiction or other substance abuse and need help, please call us at 855-338-6929 to discuss whether our customized Detox Treatment is the best program for you. Be assured we value your privacy and all your information is kept strictly confidential. Contact Gallus Alcohol and Drug Detox Centers today and take the first step towards rehab and recovery.